Friday, August 7, 2009

Gettin' Crafty


I am not sure what came over me this summer, but I feel like I have become somewhat of a Martha Stewart (that might be pushing it a bit). I am proud of what I finished. I made two sets of curtains for some ugly cabinets in my classroom. Those cabinets have been bugging me since I started teaching in this building. The best part is that this project cost less than $15 dollars! My neighbor and I spent the afternoon one day making the birthday chair covers. Now when a student has a birthday, they get to let everyone know by covering their chair. Emma is excited about her new toy. I took left over laminated scraps and cut out shapes, letters and numbers. I put magnets on the back of them and stuck them to the refrigerator. She loves it! The bear is one I knitted for the Mother Bear project. I am very proud of this project. I am working on a girl bear now. Finally, I had to show off my bulletin board. It took way too long to finish, however, I think it is cute. It says, "Look Who Popped In!" and all the kids names are on pieces of the popcorn. I hope the students like it. Now I need a vacation from my vacation! Too bad school starts on Monday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: