Thursday, October 14, 2010

Trip to Poseyville











Last week, I got brave and decided to make the drive to Poseyville. It is about 3 and a half hours. We all did really well. Emma watched a movie and slept, Nora slept and I had my Diet Coke, snacks and XM Radio. We were excited to be home the same time of the Westside Nut Club Fall Festival in Evansville. I had not been in years. This festival has almost 150 food booths. They have it all. I enjoyed fried cookie dough, a Walking Taco, chicken and noodles and kraut balls. Emma loved the Pronto Pups. It is a hot dog dipped in pancake batter and then fried. Yum! Emma got to ride the ferris wheel with Papa. It is her favorite ride. Before we headed home, I got some pumpkin doughnuts from the Donut Bank. Those are a piece of heaven. So glad we went.
The next day we took the girls up to Hirsch's to get Nora weighed on the meat scale. This is an old tradition in Poseyville. We had Emma weighed when she was little: http://indianatrees.blogspot.com/2008/03/small-town-traditions.html I had them weigh Nora at the price of Filet Mignon. Nothing but the best! Emma didn't want to get weighed and stayed on the other side of the meat counter. I love that Hirsh's is a true "General Store". We bought meat for dinner and two new outfits for the girls. I am eyeing a few outfits for myself up there.
We had a great visit with Momo and Papa. Lots of yummy food and fun. Emma said her favorite part was playing with the "Garage toys". It is funny what they recall. We are looking forward to another visit very soon!

No comments: