Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Emma's Stage Debut





I took Emma to the Indiana State Museum today for her first musical. It was called, "Snowflake Sam and the Best Gift Ever." It was a really cute musical that was a perfect start to the holidays. The cast asked for volunteers throughout the play. Each time, other parents and grandparents pushed their kids up there. Emma patiently waited with her hand raised. At one point, she looked at me and said, "When will it be my turn?" I guess the old saying of "Good things come to those who wait" is very true. Emma got picked to go at the end. Boy, was she thrilled. She ran up there. She even got to keep instrument (a lovely kazoo). I was so proud of her! When the musical was over we made a trip over to Celebration Crossing. We visited with Santa and Mrs. Claus. We also rode on the train and said hello to Raggedy Ann. Oh! I forgot that we made a craft that went along with the musical. We made a quick trip to the Odd Indiana exhibit (very interesting what people give to the museum) and then we headed home. What a great way to start out the holidays!

No comments: