Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Meeting Mrs. Nash


While we were home visiting in Poseyville, Emma got to meet a very special person to our family. Mrs. Nash lived across the street from my parents for over 30 years. She has known me since the day I was born. Mrs. Nash is like a grandma to us. Growing up, my grandparents lived 3 hours away and couldn't always be at our house for special events like Grandparents Day at school. I will never forget the first Grandparents Day at my elementary school. I was sad, but understood that my grandparents would be able to drop in and visit for the short activities. The next thing I knew, Mrs. Nash walked in and said, "I am here for Meghan as her substitute grandma!" She thinks of us as her part of her family. Mrs. Nash makes the best chocolate chip cookies and always has gum drops for you when you visit. I am so glad we got to take Emma to meet her. It was a special visit for all of us.

No comments: