Sunday, March 30, 2008

Road to Recovery


Well, my back injury turned out to be much worse than we all imagined. The Friday before Easter, the pain in my leg became increasingly worse to the point I could not walk or stand without sobbing. We got in to a MRI on the Monday following Easter and the doctor immediately diagnosed me with a extreme disc extrusion (see this website for more information: http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarticle.php/article1431.html) . We met with the orthopedist on Tuesday and I had surgery on Thursday to remove the herniation. I cannot explain to you the relief I feel now!! I am sore from the surgery, but on the mend. The hardest part of my recovery is that I cannot lift anything, including Emma, for six weeks. My heart just breaks when she cries or needs help and I cannot do it. I know that the time will pass quickly and we will soon be able to go on some great walks. I am so glad to be up and moving! I am no longer sleeping in the living room as you see in the picture and I can walk up and down the stairs without help. The best part is I can take a shower! You sure do take the small things for granted! Thank you to everyone who has called and stopped by to visit. We feel very fortunate to have such caring friends and family close by to help us out while we need it. WE LOVE YOU!!

No comments: