Sunday, July 19, 2009

Children's Museum


Last week, we ventured out and visited the Indianapolis Children's Museum for the first time (well, for Emma that is). I have many fond memories of this museum. My grandparents would take me here every summer when I would visit. At that time, the museum used to be free! Many things have changed at the museum, but there are several things I remember. I got a little choked up when I took Emma on the carousel. As soon as I heard the music playing, a flood of memories from my visits there came rushing back. Emma loved every part of the museum. She is obsessed with dinosaurs and was in heaven when she had the chance to "dig" for dinosaur bones and dress up like one. She knew exactly what to do when we saw the trains. She started pumping her fist up and down and saying, "Choo! Choo!". My Grandpa Harold would have been so proud! (My grandpa and great-grandpa were train engineers and my great-great-grandpa was a conductor. Is it safe to say it is in her blood?). Emma might be the next Danica Patrick after seeing her handle the wheel in the Indy car. She was a natural. I tried my best to encourage the teeth brushing in the healthy exhibit. I am not sure that worked. Auntie B. was along with us during our visit. I am so glad she came and know Emma was happy, too. She shouted, "B!" all day long. Auntie B. and I enjoyed the Children Who Made a Difference exhibit. It told the stories of Anne Frank, Ruby Bridges and Ryan White. We bought a membership to the museum, so we need to take Daddy soon. I know Emma would gladly go tomorrow!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: